The Worshipful Company Of Barbers: Archives 1604 – 1890
Held at the Barber-Surgeons Hall in London, the Barbers’ Archives are divided into five sections:
- Records of External Authority and Regulation includes: Characters; Acts of Parliament; Bye-Laws; Illuminated Arms, etc.
- Records relating to the Government of the Company Includes: Minutes of the Court, Examiners and Committees; Summoning Books, etc.
- Membership Records Includes: Annual Lists of Court and Livery listing Members details; Registers of Freedom Admissions; Turnover Books; Orphans books, etc.
- Records relating to Professional Activities Includes: Naval Surgeons Certificates.
- Records relating to Charities, Company Property and Estates Includes: Charity Fund Accounts; Pension Accounts: Book of Property and Estates; Inventory, Records of the Irish Estate, etc.